Here are 5 challenging PSLE Math problem sums. Most students are stuck when it comes to this type of questions. There are similar questions in past PSLE math papers. Do attempt the questions and make sure you know how to solve them.
1) 1 kg of cherries cost $0.50 more than 1 kg of grapes. Mr Tan collected $312 for selling some cherries and grapes. He sold ¾ as much cherries as grapes. The total amount collected from the sale of grapes was $24 more than the amount collected from the sale of cherries.
a) Find the mass of grapes sold.
b) Find the cost of 1kg of cherries.
2) Shop X and Shop Y have some pears to sell. If X and Y sell 100 and 50 pears respectively everyday, X will still have 1500 pears when Y have sold all. If X and Y sell 50 and 100 pears respectively every day, X will still have 4200 pears when Y sold all. How many more pears does Shop X have than Shop Y?
3) Nick and Osman had a total of $6698. When Nick spent 3/5 of his savings and Osman spent 2/7 of his savings, Osman had $355 more than Nick. How much did they have at first?
4) John paid $96 for some terrapins and guppies. There were 3 times as many guppies as terrapins and each terrapin cost $10.40 more than a guppy. He paid $30 more for all the terrapins than guppies.
a) How many terrapins did he buy?
b) Find the cost of each guppy.
5) Mr Li collected a total of $2363 from selling some shirts and dresses. He sold 4 times as many dresses as shirts. Each dress cost $19 less than each shirt. The total sales of the dresses was $901 more than the total sales of the shirts. Find the cost of each shirt.
Ans : 1) 48 kg, $4 2) 3300 3) $3975, $2723 4) 5, $2.20 5) $43
Math is one of the few subjects that you can easily train/practise till you score an A. At Intellicat Tuition School, we teach you how to break down complicated problem sums into easy, solvable steps. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 6280 6841.
Intellicat Tuition School is located at 1030A Upper Serangoon Road S(534767).
By Jimmy Ling
Director, Math Tutor
Intellicat Tuition School
Subscribe below to receive updates of materials, notes and online courses!